2015 Co-educators

2015 Co-educators
2015 UConn Co-educators Begin Their Cape Town Adventures

WELCOME TO OUR BLOG

As anyone who has participated in UConn's Education Abroad in Cape Town will tell you, there are no words to adequately explain the depth of the experiences, no illustrations to sufficiently describe the hospitality of the people, and no pictures to begin to capture the exquisite scenery. Therefore this blog is only intended to provide an unfolding story of the those co-educators who are traveling together as companions on this amazing journey.

As Resident Director of this program since 2008 it is once again my privilege and honor to accompany another group of students to this place I have come to know and love.

In peace, with hope,
Marita McComiskey, PhD
(marita4peace@gmail.com)

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Sam is grateful every day for this experience

I can’t believe I’ve been home for over a month now. I still think about my experience like it was yesterday, and I wish it was! Even though its good to be home it just feels so different. I definitely notice myself thinking about things differently and from a different perspective. I notice how I think about things through this different perspective, but I’m still not quite sure how to process it.  Even though I’m not sure how to process it I know that I am thankful for it- that I’m not so quick to think in a certain way.

It also feels so strange when I see people and ask me about my trip- like when I run into somebody at the grocery store and they ask how it was how can I even begin? I have found myself just sharing the big things with people that I am closer to and have more time to talk about things with.

I am still in contact with my people form Christel House which makes me so happy. I love getting emails from them! Hearing from them makes me feel like I left something with them and I am grateful for that.

Every day I think about how grateful I am for this experience and know that it is only the beginning for many great things to come. 


No comments:

Post a Comment